The privacy of those using our products is critically important to touchSMS and we have implemented policies and procedures to ensure it’s protection.
- The Information We Collect
We explain the different types of personal information that we may collect or hold in relation to you, depending on whether you are a client, or a customer or other contact of one of our clients:
- If you are a user from one of our client groups, we store your contact information (name, postal address, telephone, fax number, and email address) when you enter that information online either through touchSMS website, online portal or Microsoft 365 applications including touchSMS for Excel.
- If you are a client that has chosen to pay for our services by credit card or direct debit, then we collect your credit card or bank account details when you provide these for payment purposes (please note that your credit card information is stored with the National Australia Bank);
- If one of our clients has sent you a message communication using our services, or you have responded to a message communication from one of our clients, then our client will have provided us with your contact details, which may include your mobile number.
- We may also store Personal Information that our clients have collected from other contacts and uploaded to our online portal.
- If you contact us through our website, online portal, or by email, post or telephone, we will retain your Personal Information that you provide to us, together with the content of our mutual correspondence, including any emails you send to us.
- If you have requested a trial of our services, our sales team will collect contact information (name, address, telephone number, email address) from you over the telephone or via our website or by email.
- How we use your Personal Information
We use Personal Information to provide quality messaging services to our clients. We may use your Personal Information in some or all of the following ways:
- to provide you with access to touchSMS website, online portal or Microsoft 365 applications including touchSMS for Excel;
- to provide our products and services to you, including as a recipient or end user of our messaging services;
- to process payments and carry out business administration in relation to your client account;
- to respond to any correspondence from you, including handling any complaints or support requests from you;
- to verify your identity and for the process of detecting, investigating and preventing fraud;
- to analyse your use of our various services (including product usage, system and log files) to improve the performance and development of our messaging products; and
- to comply with any law, rule, legal decision or regulation that we are obliged to comply with.
We may use your Personal Information so that we, our wholly-owned subsidiaries, agents and contractors can provide you with information about products, services or request your feedback for promotional purposes.
You always have the right to opt-out of receiving such information. If you do not wish to receive information from us relating to products, services, promotions and features, please contact touchSMS’s Support team at email@example.com or call +61 2 9518 5955
- Links to Third Party Websites
A cookie is a small data file placed on your computer containing standard internet log and visitor behaviour information, but not any information that could personally identify you.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
- We use Google Analytics, Bing ads, Google AdWords Conversion tracker, and other services that place cookies on a browser across the website to help us analyse website visitor behaviour and to increase the website’s effectiveness for our visitors. These cookies are set and read by the third party vendors, such as Google.
- We use a session cookie to remember your login to the touchSMS website, online portal or Microsoft 365 applications including touchSMS for Excel to improve usability.
- We use Google and Bing Webmasters, data from Google Analytics Demographics, Interest Reporting and third party audience data to help us understand how people find and use our site. This statistical data is used to provide better services and more relevant content to our users based on demographic and interest data.
- We and our third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to:
- Inform, optimise, and serve ads based on your past visits to our website; and
- Find out how ad impressions, ad services, and your interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site.
touchSMS does not share, sell or re
nt this information in any way.
- Sharing your Personal Information with Third Parties
touchSMS does not sell your Personal Information to third parties. However, your Personal Information may be shared with third parties in the following circumstances:
- If you have consented to us sharing your Personal Information with a third party (for example, via an opt-in) including where you have added or connected an integration with a third party through our platform, or where you give access to your touchSMS account through an API.
- Where we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Where touchSMS is of the belief that the user has breached its obligations pursuant to our Terms and Conditions and/or has breached its privacy obligations.
- Where all or a portion of touchSMS’s assets are sold or transferred to another company through a sale or liquidation of its assets.
- Security of Your Personal Information
touchSMS takes all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference, loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. touchSMS’s websites and internal information management systems are designed with the aim of preventing Personal Information from being disclosed by any unauthorised means. However, you should note that the inherent nature of the Internet is such that the security of information cannot be guaranteed 100%.
- Complaints or Questions
If you would like to access or correct your information, make a complaint or request please contact our Privacy Officer at:
5.16, 55 Miller Street
Pyrmont, NSW, Australia 2009
You always have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. You can find contact details here: https://www.oaic.gov.au/individuals/how-do-i-make-a-privacy-complaint.